EclipseCon 2020 is coming up October 19-22 and it’s time to start planning your experience. To help you target the talks you’re most interested in, we’re highlighting IoT and Edge sessions and speakers we’re sure you won’t want to miss.
Taking IoT to the Edge
With the next generation of IoT applications extending to the network edge, and strong momentum in edge technologies at the Eclipse Foundation, we’ll start with three talks on edge innovations:
- Developing IoT Edge — the Eclipse way. Get insight into the pros and cons of current trends in edge computing and IoT from Dejan Bosanac. Dejan will also discuss the potential to integrate Eclipse Hono and Eclipse ioFog for a better off-the-shelf IoT edge experience.
- Run Your Apps on Carrier Edge. An Open Source Solution. Yang (Gabriel) Yu will look at multi-access edge computing (MEC) as a natural extension of 5G networks. You’ll learn how 5G MEC fits with the Eclipse Edge Native Working Group and how to develop applications for the MEC platform using open source tools, such as the Eclipse Desktop IDE.
- Edge Robotics With ROS 2 and Eclipse Zenoh. Using Robot Operating System 2 (ROS 2) in edge robotics applications creates communications challenges that must be resolved. Angelo Corsaro will explain how Eclipse Zenoh addresses the challenges in current ROS 2 and micro-ROS 2 data planes to support edge robotics use cases.
Businesses in almost every industry are looking to IoT technologies to help them automate and accelerate their operations so they can work smarter and more efficiently. Here are two IoT talks with an industrial theme:
- Building an Industrial IoT Solution — Open Source. Julien Feinauer and Kevin Olotu will demonstrate how to build a full-featured industrial IoT platform with minimal effort using open source technologies. The integrated solution features Apache PLC4X, Eclipse Vorto, and Eclipse Ditto.
- Real-Time LiDAR Perception in Open Robotics ROS 2 Foxy With Eclipse Cyclone DDS. We recently shared the news that the Eclipse Cyclone DDS will be tier one middleware in ROS 2 Foxy Fitzroy. In this session, Joe Speed, Erik Boasson, and Tom Panzarella will show you a multi-technology HD perception solution that features Eclipse Cyclone DDS and enables warehouse vehicles to travel safely at higher speeds than previously possible.
Register for EclipseCon 2020 Today
At EclipseCon 2019, the IoT sessions were among the most popular and well-attended, and the recordings are among the most-watched on the EclipseCon Europe 2019 YouTube channel.
Because EclipseCon 2020 is a virtual event, there’s no fee to attend sessions. But space is limited, so be sure to register early to reserve your spot.
Get all the registration details and register now.
For event details, visit eclipsecon.org/2020.
To join the EclipseCon conversation and get the latest updates:
· Use #EclipseCon on social media
· Follow @EclipseCon on Twitter
And keep an eye on our blog for more EclipseCon highlights. Over the coming weeks, we’ll feature:
· Talks about tools
· Talks for developers in the automotive industry
· Talks for Java developers
· Community Day events
· Tips to get the most out of EclipseCon