This is a continuation of yesterday’s Welcome to the Eclipse Foundation AISBL blog.
Yesterday, we announced that we completed our move to European-based governance with the creation of Eclipse Foundation AISBL, a Belgian international nonprofit association. In this post, I wanted to take this opportunity to provide an overview of the membership-impacting changes associated with our move to Europe.
Part of the transition effort has involved updating our membership documents and bylaws to reflect European-based governance and currency. All of these new documents are available on our governance documents page. Here’s a quick summary of the key changes of relevance to members:
- Day-to-day interactions don’t change, including the work done in our projects and working groups.
- Members will be asked to switch their membership from the U.S. organization to the new Belgian international non-profit organization. We will reach out to members over the next few months to make this happen. You can review the draft membership agreement.
- As of October 1st of last year, all membership fees are now restated in euros. Existing members’ fees are being discounted by 10% from October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021 to help compensate for currency exchange rates.
- The Solutions membership level is renamed to Contributing to better reflect the diverse group of organizations that participate in, and contribute to, the Eclipse Foundation ecosystem.
- We have established new bylaws to reflect Belgian laws.
For details about these, and other changes for members, see my previous blog, and our frequently asked questions.
We will be contacting all of our members and committers to update their agreements with the new Belgian entity. This may include your membership agreement, committer agreements, and working group participation agreements as applicable.
If you have questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to me, or to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support!