We are using Bug 526827 - Fall clean up of eclipse.org-common to track the following tasks:
- Bug 468336 - Remove support for the Nova theme in eclipse.org-common
- Bug 526824 - Remove yui from eclipse.org-common
- Bug 526825 - Remove Services_JSON from eclipse.org-common
- Bug 526826 - Remove JQuery from eclipse.org-common
I believe this “clean up” exercise is our first step towards the execution of my long term plan for migrating our code base to follow recommendations from the PHP Framework Interop Group. I will be writing about this subject in a future blog post but for now, you can take a look at Bug 496514 - PHP sites maintained by the EF should follow recommendations from the Framework Interop Group.
Bug 468336 - Remove support for the Nova theme in eclipse.org-common
During the summer of 2014, my team was responsible for implementing the redesign of www.eclipse.org via Bug 432342 - Eclipse.org Website Redesign 2014. We created a new look and feel called Solstice and since then, we’ve been busy migrating all of our web properties.
Today, I am happy to announce that it’s finally time to retire the Eclipse Nova theme. We are planning on removing the Nova theme from eclipse.org-common on December 5th, 2017.
The Solstice look and feel will become the default theme for all web pages that are currently being served with Nova.
This change will be affecting the following websites:
- Celebrating 10 years of Eclipse
- Agent Modeling Platform
- PEL Designer Project
- BPMN2 Modeler
- Eclipse CDT (C/C++ Development Tooling)
- EMF Refactor
- EMF Facet
- FMC - Fundamental Modeling Concepts
- Gemini DBAccess
- Gemini JPA
- Java Workflow Tooling (JWT)
- Maven Integration for WTP
- Mangrove - SOA Modeling Framework
- Model to Model Transformation (MMT)
- Graphical Modeling Project (GMP)
- Model Development Tools (MDT)
- Marketplace Client
- OSEE: The Open System Engineering Environment
- SOA Platform Project
- The Spatiotemporal Epidemiological Modeler (STEM) Project
- Tycho - Building Eclipse plug-ins with maven
- Vex - A Visual Editor for XML
Please use Bug 468336 - Remove support for the Nova theme in eclipse.org-common to discuss any concerns regarding this change.