Mark Cloud Native for Java (CN4J) Day on March 30 on your calendars. This all-day event at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe will be the first time the best and brightest minds from the Java and the Kubernetes communities join forces at a single event to collaborate and share their expertise.
CN4J Day attendees will benefit from expert talks, demos, and thought-provoking sessions focused on building cloud native enterprise applications using Jakarta EE-based microservices on Kubernetes.
CN4J Day is a major milestone in open source software development. It’s also a significant day for everyone involved with the Eclipse Foundation because it confirms the Jakarta EE and MicroProfile communities are at the forefront of open source innovation, delivering on the promise of cloud native Java. Given that the Eclipse Foundation is Europe’s largest open source organization, it makes perfect sense to hold this first-of-its-kind event in Amsterdam.
The timing of CN4J Day could not be better. As our Executive Director, Mike Milinkovich, noted in his blog, momentum toward Jakarta EE 9 is building. This event gives all of us an important and truly unique opportunity to:
- Learn more about the future of cloud native Java development from industry and community leaders
- Gain deeper insight into key aspects of Jakarta EE, MicroProfile, and Kubernetes technologies
- Meet and share ideas with global Java and Kubernetes ecosystem innovators
Leading minds from the global Java ecosystem will be on hand at CN4J Day to share their expertise. Along with keynote talks from our own Mike Milinkovich and IBM Java CTO, Tim Ellison, CN4J Day offers technical insights from well-known Java experts and Eclipse Foundation community members, including:
- Adam Bien, an internationally recognized Java architect, developer, workshop leader, and author
- Sebastian Daschner, lead java developer advocate at IBM
- Clement Escoffier, principal software engineer at Red Hat
- Ken Finnegan, senior principal engineer at Red Hat
- Emily Jiang, liberty architect for MicroProfile and CDI at IBM
- Dmitry Kornilov, Jakarta EE and Helidon Team Leader at Oracle
- Tomas Langer, Helidon Architect & Developer at Oracle
Leading players in the Java ecosystem have signed on to sponsor CN4J activities and show their support for the initiative. Our sponsors include the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), IBM, Oracle, and Red Hat.
Since we have limited capacity, this is a first-come, first-served event. To register today, just include CN4J Day when you’re registering for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe. Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, a limited amount of discounted CN4J Day add-on registrations will be made available to Jakarta EE and MicroProfile community members. For more information about CN4J Day and a link to the registration page, click here.
For additional questions regarding this event, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll let you know when we add speakers and sponsors for CN4J Day. Watch our blogs and newsletters for updates.