In less than six minutes of your time, you can let the entire cloud native Java industry know what you need to support modern enterprise applications. The Jakarta EE Developer Survey is one of the largest developer surveys in the Java landscape, and the number of responses it generates clearly shows the Java ecosystem believes the results are important.
Since we first released the annual Jakarta EE Developer Survey in 2018, thousands of software developers, architects, and decision-makers from around the world have completed the survey. They see their participation as an opportunity to:
- Build awareness around their development focus area
- Share their perceptions of the cloud native Java industry with the broader ecosystem
- Identify their preferences and priorities for cloud native Java architectures, technologies, and tools
Tell the World What You Need in the Cloud Era
This year, we’re asking survey respondents to look ahead and share their future plans for building modern enterprise applications in the new cloud era. It’s a great way to let Java platform vendors, enterprises, and developers know where you see cloud native Java going and the types of technologies and tools you’ll need to help it get there. With this insight, everyone in the Java ecosystem — you included — will have updated information about how cloud native Java is unfolding and what it means for their strategies and businesses.
The survey is also an excellent opportunity to help the Jakarta EE Working Group understand how it can best evolve Jakarta EE to meet your cloud development requirements and goals. Working Group members are always listening carefully to Java ecosystem requirements so they can ensure Jakarta EE continues to evolve in alignment with the top industry focus areas and priorities. They want to hear from you, and completing the survey is one of the easiest and most effective ways to give them your input.
Survey Results Provide Essential Insights
Over the years, the Jakarta EE Developer Survey has provided many valuable insights into the state of the cloud native Java ecosystem, and the 2021 survey was no exception. Completed by more than 950 individuals, last year’s survey revealed some very interesting trends, including the:
- Fast-growing adoption of Jakarta EE, making it the second-place cloud native framework for the second straight year
- Increased interest in cloud native Java overall
- Increased use of microservices architectures and the decline of monolithic approaches in favor of hybrid architectures
- Need for flexible platforms that can be used to build traditional and cloud native business applications
- Expected growth rates for Java apps in the cloud
To understand the full value of the survey results, read the 2021 Jakarta EE Developer Survey report.
Complete the Jakarta EE Developer Survey Today
We encourage all developers, architects, and decision-makers in the Java ecosystem to add their voice to the survey and help the industry gain the broadest possible view of the state of enterprise cloud native Java.