I am back from vacation and dealing with the inevitable mound of emails. Sometimes I wonder if vacations are, in fact, worth the agony of returning to work
The past few months have been fascinating in terms of watching the sudden explosion in Eclipse-focused web portals and news sources. I am likely forgetting a few, but here is a list of what has caught my eye recently:
- As far as I know, the first print magazine dedicated to Eclipse is EclipseMagazin in Germany.
- VA Software — the owners of SourceForge, Slashdot and Freshmeat — have started the Eclipse Techforge, with Philippe Ombredanne writing a great deal of the content.
- BZ Media has rejuvenated the Eclipse Source, and in addition is producing the Eclipse World conference coming up shortly in New York.
- The folks from JavaLobby have started EclipseZone, with well-known Eclipse writer and community member Ed Burnette taking the lead.
- SysCon has started the Eclipse Developers Journal, with long-time Eclipse writer Bill Dudney as Editor-in-Chief.
It is clear that the enormous interest in Eclipse and its community has spurred this growth.
I know that all of these various organizations are looking for writers and content. If anyone out there is interested in contributing articles you certainly have a wide choice of outlets to choose from.